Reporting to the Managing Director EAME and to the VP - Global Manufacturing Operations, this leadership role will support the deployment of Skiffy Through direct interactions with segment operations staff, this position will be instrumental in ensuring that Skiffy sustain superior performance for our customers, shareholders, employees, and stakeholders, while contributing to our personal development and enjoyment.
The scope of influence includes: Supporting the development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of a successful continuous improvement/lean manufacturing program that will drive aggressive business results.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Along with Executive Management, reviews objectives to determine success of manufacturing operation and improvement opportunities
- Directs the development and implementation of activities to meet all production, quality, and cost objective goals based on the global vision
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans; delegates assignments and ensures accountability as appropriate
- Participates in development, modification and execution of company strategies that affect specific operations(s), and may also have company-wide effect
- Coordinates Global Manufacturing Operations projects with regard to optimization of global footprint, achievement of operational excellence, the implementation of a new product or process, etc.
- Plans and formulates aspects of a Global manufacturing project, such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and manpower requirements.
- Submits proposals considered feasible to operations management for consideration and possible allocation of funds, based on overall financial analysis.
- Provides guidance and leadership of personnel within the Global Manufacturing Operations team and/or the facility(s) engaged in a project.
- Coordinates between various operations engineering/technical support groups within Oshkosh on design/development initiatives for Global Manufacturing Operations projects.
- Responsible, for ensuring that products, services, and technical documentation meet the required quality standards, by planning and coordinating between manufacturing and functional teams for the design and development of new, or modification of existing, products within Oshkosh’s global operations.
- Work as a change agent with business segments and functional leaders. Transfer Lean/Problem-solving tools and skills into the organization through ensuring that applicable site members are mentored and trained.
- Enable the Plan, Do, Check, Act culture to create and execute countermeasures to barriers and issues preventing the achievement of business objectives.
- Introduce standardized Lean techniques and concepts including: value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen, Visual Controls, Pull/Kanban systems, standardized work, line balancing, etc., to support the deployment of the Oshkosh Operating System. -
- Drive solutions to assigned tasks utilizing a proactive approach to problem solving. Build capability within site leadership by asking impactful questions and challenging current practices.
- Support and enable an environment for sharing of best practices.
12 plus years of related experience
At Skiffy you work in a professional and technical stimulating environment within an international team of colleagues.
We have an open minded an informal “can do” mentality with short communication lines.
Our culture is based on team work, continuous improvement, safety and entrepreneurship.
We offer an attractive salary package with multiple benefits on top.
We encourage personal growth and development by various training programs