Key responsibilities Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist ?
As an Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist, you are responsible for monitoring, guaranteeing, and optimizing an efficient and effective internal and external supply chain of diverse range of goods, supplies and services for their ﬂeet of chemical parcel tankers. You optimize the processes in the field of quality, purchasing, logistics, and efficiency forfor an excellent performance towards their internal customers. To find solutions you must have an in dept understanding of Stolt-Nielsens network, harbours, warehouses, and customs. You also understand which ports are “easy to use” compared to others. You are constantly looking for smart solutions. During all stages you are maintaining optimal client & vendor relations. The division is very dynamic dealing with constant challenges, worldwide.
You report to the Procurement Manager.
- Proactively monitor Supply Chain through process performance measures and initiate impactful initiatives based on data.
- Analyze underperforming areas in the supply chain that could be due to missed delivery times and routes, supplier performance, customs and clearance issues etc.
- Management of projects, applying total cost of ownership approach.
- Perforontract analysis, monitoring delivery versus price and service level agreements.
- Responsible for stakeholder management and alignment; internal and external.
- Continuous improvement: Identify opportunities for more (cost) efficient logistics
- Assist in determining Stolt Tankers logistics strategy.
Function requirements Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist
- You have a Bachelor or Master Education level
- You have at least 3 to 5 years experience in a logistic role.
- You have experience in the maritime industry
- You are practical and analytical.
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You have excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English and experience with managing stakeholder interests
Working conditions Logistics and Supply Chain Specialist
An independent position with a lot of responsibility, in which you are given the space to develop yourself further. The location is Rotterdam, but you also work from home 2 days a week. This is a 37,5 hour a week position.
- A good salary which is between € 4,400 and € 5,000 gross per month, a 13th month on a full-time basis. Depending on the experience you bring.
- the possibility to partially work remote and from our Rotterdam office located in the historic Veerhaven area.
- Freedom for your own input that is actually listened to.
- Pension plan
Stolt Tankers, one of Stolt-Nielsen's five divisions, is engaged in the transport of chemicals and other liquid bulk materials and accounts for more than half of the entire group in terms of turnover. They have own terminals in Houston, Manilla, Singapore, and Rotterdam. It employs 5,000 people in 30 countries and has the largest chemical parcel tanker fleet in the world with 150 tankers. The head office of Stolt Tankers is located in Rotterdam where you will be working. You will be working from their Rotterdam office located in the historic Veerhaven area, within a professional team.Are you interested in the Logistics and Supply Chain Officer position? Apply now via the 'apply' button! Would you like some more information first? Please contact Gilbert Berk by calling 0622203988. Is this vacancy not suitable for you, but do you know someone who fits this profile perfectly? Feel free to forward this vacancy. Logiprof is a recruitment specialist in supply chain, logistics and operations. Both for permanent jobs, bridging, interim assignments, projects and consultancy.