Your Responsibilities as Senior Transport Coordinator - Amsterdam?
As a Senior Transport Coordinator (full-time) for the Supply Chain department at a trader, located in Amsterdam, you are responsible for the logistics process to and from suppliers and clients via road, sea and air transport. You are the pivot in the logistics process, and this requires a large dose of responsibility and a wide range of tasks.
- The coordination of import and export activities with the corresponding transport documents.
- Validation of the shipping invoices based on data such as Letters of Credit/Bid bonds/Performance bonds, Export Letters of Credit
and product descriptions and values.
- Mobilisation of cargo with possible (part-)chartering of vessels.
- Proactive tracking of shipments.
- Negotiating rates with logistic service providers/shipowners/brokers.
- Work closely with internal groups such as Legal, Operations, Traders, Risk, and Finance to ensure to successfully achieve business goals in a collaborative manner
Job Requirements Senior Transport Coordinator - Amsterdam
- a completed MBO or HBO education in the direction of shipping, logistics or supply chain;
- at least 3 years of working experience in a similar logistical role, preferably with an international organisation;
- knowledge of shipping terms and transport documents;
- knowledge of Dutch customs legislation and regulations;
- good command of the Dutch and English languages, orally and in writing;
- familiar with logistics-related matters such as customs legislation and regulations, trade compliance, dangerous goods and Incoterms;
- someone who shows ownership of the logistical process and is also strong in his or her shoes;
- team player with a customer-oriented attitude and organisational sensitivity;
- accurate and functioning well in a dynamic and sometimes hectic environment;
- excellent communication and social skills;
- proactive and self-starting;
- experience in (part) chartering of ships is a plus.
Job offer Senior Transport Coordinator - Amsterdam
When you join our clients team, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. The employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract.
- A competitive salary, between € 50.000,00. and € 60.000,00 based upon the experience you bring.
- 25 vacation days.
- An excellent pension plan.
- The option to participate in a collective health insurance.
- Training opportunities.