Logistics Manager Europe
Profile Logistics Manager EuropeAs a Logistics Manager Europe, you will lead the European Logistics operations and be responsible for the approval, control and day-to-day Logistics and Customer Services activities at Sylvan’s warehousing locations in Netherlands, France, Poland, Hungary, Italy, Turkey and Ireland. You will provide leadership and direction to Customer Services and Logistics personnel in these locations, lead complex projects of a strategic nature, and be accountable for the Customer Service and Logistics team and results.
Job Responsibilities Logistics Manager Europe
• Develop policies and procedures for the European logistics activities that contribute to operational and customer excellence;
• Managing the regional (European) Customer Service and Procurement and Logistics team (Warehousing and Transportation);
• Lead the commercial S&OP process, ensure updated forecasted information is present and align the supply & demand with other functions/departments in the organization;
• Establish and maintain service level agreements (SLA’s) to support the company’s strategy;
• Manage, coach, lead and develop the Customer Service and Logistics team to deliver all objectives and KPIs;
• Design and implement supply chain projects within the region;
• Manage the supply, distribution and fulfillment for all products coming into the region and distributed within the region;
• Work together with the Commercial and Operations departments, ensure optimum customer service is given at all times, maintaining effective and constructive working relationships;
• Bring fresh ideas to enable the Company to deliver products to customers more effectively and ensure the most cost-effective supply chain structure is in place
• Ensure logistics services meet customer expectations;
• To give support at the ERP implementation;
• Support trade compliance by monitoring the changing country specific import/export regulations;
• Work with Commercial, Product Management (TAG) and Operations to ensure supply planning is aligned to the service level targets, the company strategy and sales challenges;
• Manage Inventory network optimization and inventory target deployment for region (including consignment stock with Commercial);
• Issue monthly SC report for region (actuals vs plan, address deviations and outlook/forecast);
• Contribute to the planning process for introduction of new products;
• You report to the Commercial Director.
Company profileSylvan Europe is the European division of Sylvan Inc., world's largest producer and distributor of mushroom spawn, with 400 FTE and facilities in 17 locations, serving over 65 countries.
OfferSylvan Europe has a modern open dynamic culture and is looking for a high achiever on an upward curve in their career. The company is committed to employee fulfillment, inclusion, diversity and wellness and the career prospects going forward are very real. There is an attractive salary which is enhanced by a full range of benefits and in general is as expected of a major multinational company
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.